So I have recently reviewed the book “The Five elements of effective thinking” this book gives a practical approach to the lively and inspiring ways to become more successful through better thinking. The book contains simple ideas which is one can learn how to think far better by adopting strategies. The Author Michael Starbird and Edward states in the book that Brilliant people are not with a special breed but they just utilize their brain (minds) differently
The Top quotes in the book which I liked
- B. F. Skinner – The education is the only thing that helps one in surviving when what you learned has been forgotten.
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper – A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.
I start where the last man left off – The author mentions that many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success where they were actually close to success. The author explains with The lightbulb theory” – Thomas Elva Edison has a similar experience where he almost gave up and then he went on to find the biggest innovation of generation. The book also explains the low power game strategy – Which just means there is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all —Peter Drucker”
- One can certainly do it wrong even if one may not know how to do it right.
- Strive to work for solid understanding but then even if you eventually fail and learn from those missteps.
Hustle– Consciously consider the flow of ideas, Constantly ask the challenging questions and, finally remember that learning is a lifelong journey; thus each of us remains a work-in-progress—always evolve, ever-changing—and Quintessential living.
Have a bad day
Book has beautiful explanations on bad days – Bad days happen to good people also and it may come irrespective of predications – What separates the good from the great is to how one reacts to the situation. Bad days often include unclear lessons about how to learn grow, or reassess the situation. So on the next time when you were having a bad day, make the conscious effort to find and extract positive lessons from those not-so-positive experiences.
“1. Grounding your thinking by understanding deeply
• Understand simple things deeply
• Clear the clutter—organize the stuff around you
• See what’s there and see what’s missing
“2. Igniting insights through mistakes: Fail to succeed
• It’s Okay To fail — let your errors be your guide”
“3. Finding the right question to the wrong answer
• Failing by intent – failing purposely to reach the right destination
“4. Flowing of ideas – look forward & Look backward
• Understanding new ideas through the flow of ideas and creating new ones from old thoughts (use personal note keeping I use Google keep)
The first 4 elements help you to think better than you do actually and learn better than you do. and be more creative than who you are earlier. but the last element recommends that you actually do it. Adopt the habit of improvement by adopting the 5 elements of effective thinking or by any other methods that you find If the ability to change is part of who you are.
I have more book reviews coming in, I started mostly reading and keeping notes on technology, social media, and advertising I have a lot more to add on my recommendations lists so stay tuned for more updates. If you like what I write here You should definitely check out my tweets on twitter. Also, do check out my other blogs on my website Nauman Mohammed for more such book reviews and recommendations.