Assign each habit to a different place
So I recently read atomic habits by James Clear. I use to follow him on Twitter, I saw many people sharing this book (which he retweets). so after reading the Goodreads Reviews. I added it to my reading list. so the following are some of my takes on the book.
Kindle for reading
iPod to musicSo I don’t get distracted and not do anything
Quotes that bagged my attention
- Create a chain after each habit- morning wake at 5-6 work (which I struggle to do)- followed by gym- heavy protein diet- work- meditate- then a walk – reading- and social media
- Be accountable for the hobby – make it public
- Never fall for motion (perfection) go for action(doing things) even if it’s very tiny to see.
- Forming and breaking habits- once you excelled it is easy to do it. like learning a language the only thing is to get used to it
- Habit-breaking -like a 21-day streak is a myth. the key thing to focus on is how many streaks of the same habits
- 2-minute rule- read one page before sleep- to be a reader.
- Gym- just show up – which will automatically build the habit- just two minutes then stop. master this, then go for five minutes. (which I successfully nailed). although as of now I’m not going, will be soon to focus on my fitness